Guidelines for participating in NAVIKA Dallas 2017 Dance events
GENRE AND DURATION:
- Classical – 8-10 minutes
- Modern (Film or Fusion) – 8-10 minutes
- Folk Dances – 8-10 minutes
- Semi -Classical – 8-10 minutes
- Thematic Presentation: 20 minutes
- Dance Production : 20 – 40 minutes
AGE GROUP FOR EACH CATEGORY:
- 5-7yrs , 8-10yrs, 11-14yrs, 15-19yrs, Adults
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
All performers must adhere to the General Navika-2017 Participation rules as well as those specified herein.
- Every performer in the group must be registered to the Navika 2017 event.
- Performers are responsible for their own costumes, makeup and props.
- Performers are requested to be mindful in choosing appropriate costume to showcase the culture and community at the convention.
- Performances with top quality accompaniment music will be given preference.
- Group performances will be given preference.
- Adult groups must have at least 3 dancers on the stage throughout the dance.
- Non-adult groups must have at least 6 dancers on stage throughout the dance.
- Minimum age of participant is 5 years.
- All performances should be within the time duration requested during registration. Failure of which may result in closing of curtains.
- If there are repetitive songs from different groups, selection will be based on first come first serve basis.
- Any participant can be in a maximum of 2 programs.
- Executive committee’s decision is final regarding the stage allotment and time slot.
- All entries subject to an audition.
- Submit your entry along with:
- Application form.
- Audition video of at least 10 minutes.
- A brief description of the proposed presentation.
- Artist profiles.
- Reviews of past performances, media coverage, photographs if available.
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION ONLINE & SEND THE RECORDED MEDIA TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit the registration forms at the earliest. Last date August 1st, 2017.